SEMINAR-TRAINING TO IMPROVE THE SKILLS AND EXCHANGE OF EXPERIENCE OF THE FIRST DEPUTIES OF KHAKIMS
From January 11 to January 27, 2021, at the Graduate School of Business and Entrepreneurship under the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction of the Republic of Uzbekistan a seminar-training is being organized for the first deputies on financial-economic and poverty reduction affairs of the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, as well as khokims of regions, districts (cities) and Tashkent city. It is organized in order to improve their skills in the field of developing economic sectors and private entrepreneurship on the basis of modern knowledge and methods, to increase knowledge and skills in managing integrated socio-economic development of the regions.
On January 11, 2021, the first day of the seminar-training took place. The first day of the seminar-training was attended by the first deputy of khakims of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, Khorezm, Navoi and Bukhara regions.
The following topics have been discussed at the seminar-training:
- The main directions of economic development and the basics of the economy in the Address of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan for 2021;
- The role of international experience and governance in economic growth and poverty reduction;
- Fundamentals of integrated socio-economic development of territories, "neighborhood" work and social protection of the population;
- Problems of reducing unemployment in the regions, vocational training and entrepreneurship, as well as employment;
- Problems between entrepreneurs and the executive branch in the regions and factors for their solution;
- Time management.
The seminar-training involved heads of ministries, departments, business associations, as well as foreign and local experts, as well as experienced and qualified professors and teachers of higher education institutions. In particular, experts from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the United Nations Development Program attended with their reports.